|UNIVERSITY COLLEGE CORK OGHAM STONES
|This collection of ogham stones in University College Cork ( 27 ), is the largest
collection of ogham inscribed stones on display in Ireland. With the exception of one
stone, which is from County Waterford, all are from the County of Cork and are
located in the cloister or 'Stone Corridor' on the North and West wings of the
University. They were mostly acquired by the College in the last decades of the 1800's
and were originally housed in the Royal Cork Institution from 1807 - 61. On its
dissolution, the stones were then transferred to Queen's College Cork.