|BALLYBOODAN OGHAM STONE
|PHOTO by Pip POWELL
|Discovered in 1841 when erect,it now lies in a small fenced enclosure next to the road.
It measures 2.31m in length, 1.75m in width, 0.23m in depth and is composed of close
grained slate. The inscription pocked on the dexter edge of the face upper - most in the
present position of the stone reads "Corbi Koi Maqi Labrid" and is dated by Ziegler to
700-900 AD. Local tradition translates the inscription as "Here lies Corbmac ó Cuinn".